Going to work isn’t usually on the list of “I can’t wait to do this” things. Having a good work environment and a supportive boss, however, can really turn an obligatory part of life into an enjoyable experience that creates relationships and nurtures personal growth. A good boss can truly change your life. Author Jeff Haden writes about the qualities that make up a remarkable boss in his article for Inc. Magazine, “8 Ways to Be a Truly Memorable Boss”, including believing in his employees, expecting great things, showing sincere emotions and encouraging the personal and professional growth of his staff.
We have seen many of these qualities in the bosses that have been nominated over the years for Eugene’s Best Boss. Our goal is to honor these bosses that go above and beyond- not just being a good boss, but a remarkable one. Here are some of the criteria our judges are looking for when choosing the 2013 Eugene’s Best Boss:
- shows leadership to staff
- is empathetic with staff needs
- develops a culture within the office of caring and mutual respect
- works to build skills and individual success with staff
- creates a warm and friendly workplace environment
- promotes group unity and team spirit
- demonstrates a cheerful and positive attitude in spite of workplace pressure they are facing
Nominate your boss here for a chance for them to win our Eugene’s Best Boss Package for Bosses Day: Flowers & balloons from Dandelions Flowers & Gifts with an engraved plaque for their desk. Entries are due Friday, October 11. Download your entry form here.