For those following Dandelions, it has come to our attention this week that some of the images that we had used on our social media and website were used improperly and although we had good intentions and tried to credit the sources, we erred. As this has come to our attention, we have taken immediate steps to remove any images used in error and appreciate the concerned comment that brought this to our attention. We have taken steps to re-educate ourselves to ensure compliance going forward and again apologize for our error. We are on the journey of life learning (as well as social media learning) and we thank your for your patience as we grow.
Whether you want to coordinate your corsage with the theme of your dress or just add animal print with your corsage, this trend still big this year.
Rhinestones & Bling
Crystals, diamonds, rhinestones and bling never go out of style. Add some serious glitz to your prom fashion with sparkling corsage wristbands, glitter jewels or rhinestone sprays.
Natalie Portman rocked the polka dot look at the 2012 Oscars and shows this look can be both fun and classy.
Add an exotic flair to your ensemble with feathers- peacock, ostrich or glitter. Feathers add either a gothic or adventurous look to any corsage or boutonniere.
Armbands leave your hands free for dancing or eating, rings are perfect for a simple floral accessory and the wire wristlets are a much more modern take on corsages.
The official Pantone Color for 2012 is Tangerine Tango (17-1463)! This red-ish orange color has a lot of depth and seduction; Yet it is also vibrant and energetic! Using this color immediately to add a statement! Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy,” says Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. This combo of red and yellow makes this color versatile and a great accent color. For the a little more brave, you may choose to paint a wall in Tangerine Tango or use it to offset other colors in your wedding or event. Hues of orange have been favored for the past few years in weddings as shown below…
Photo used under Creative Commons from secondsister
Come join us at our 2nd Annual Prom Party! See what all the new styles and trends are and try on different looks to see which is right for you! Our staff will help you select the perfect corsage or boutonniere to compliment your prom look. It’s FREE… and who couldn’t use a little Red Bull & pizza?
- Tuesday April 10th and Wednesday April 11
- 5:00-7:00 pm
- At Dandelions Flowers & Gifts 1710 Chambers St.
- View and try on fun, new corsage styles and see interesting options to make your corsage/boutonniere stand out
- Pizza, Red Bull, and snacks provided
- Enter to win your corsage or boutonniere order
- Win additional prizes with our Facebook Prom Contest- posting your pictures on our Facebook page or tagging Dandelions
C e l e b r a t i n g A m a z i n g P e o p l e
March is National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. We will be celebrating the daily successes, accomplishments, and contributions made by people with developmental disabilities.
This month, the Pearl Buck Center is highlighting the unique challenges faced by people with special needs, thanking their supporters and inviting others to come for a tour.
More than 7 million Americans have lifelong disabilities from birth, illness or accident. Help us to acknowledge relatives, friends, or neighbors living with special needs for their efforts by purchasing Bucks for Pearl Buck. Buy just one Buck for one dollar or more. Last year, Eugene True Value Hardware raised more than $2,000 to benefit clients of the Pearl Buck Center. Every buck you spend goes directly to help people with disabilities live fuller lives.
Buy Bucks for Buck Pearl at any of the following addresses:
- Broadway Apothecary + Jewelry: 1515 Oak St., Eugene, OR 97401
- Heather Greger – Jewelry in Broadway Apothecary
- Capella Market: 2489 Willamette St., Eugene, OR 97405
- Eugene Toy and Hobby: 32 E. 11th St., Eugene, OR 97401
- Eugene True Value Hardware: 2825 Willamette St., Eugene, OR 97405
- Euphoria Chocolate: 21 Oakway Ct., Eugene, OR 97401
- Euphoria Chocolate: 532 Valley River Center, Eugene, OR 97401
- Euphoria Chocolate: 6 W. 17th St., Eugene, OR 97401
- Euphoria Chocolate Corporate Office: 4090 Steward Rd., Eugene, OR 97402
- Long’s Meat Market: 81 E. 28th Ave., Eugene, OR 97405
- Autohaus: 1502 W. 7th St., Eugene, OR 97402
- EuroAsian: 1917 Franklin Blvd., Eugene, OR 97403
- Stadium Automotive: 2025 Franklin Blvd., Eugene, OR 97403
- Dandelion’s Flowers & Gifts: 1710 Chambers St., Eugene, OR 97402
Find out more about the Pearl Buck Center here: http://www.pearlbuckcenter.com/